No audio in PP 1.5
A***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-19 08:34:02 UTC
I'm working on a project, and I can't hear any audio while editing. I exported the movie out, and the audio comes up fine; so I know it is there.

I opened older projects (from the 6.0 era) and I cannot hear any audio in PP either. Seems like a software issue.

I read the FAQ, and changed the playback settings, under the general tab in project preferences, to "audio hardware"; but nothing changed.

My source files are AVI, both from a DV camera (older projects) and DVD source files converted to QuickTime and on to AVI (new project).

I did install Quicktracks earlier today (included with P 6.5, I think). That may have caused the problem. I took it off, but nothing happened.

Any suggestions to fix this would be deeply apreciated!

Andre
B***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-20 02:50:06 UTC
Could it be as simple as the audio track got turned off? If it were turned off you would hear no audio but it would export.
A***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-20 07:06:21 UTC
I have the speaker symbol "toggle track output" set to on... did you have something else in mind?

My settings:
B***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-20 15:04:51 UTC
Here is the information from my DV Playback settings:

Your "Audio Playback" is greyed out, change "Realtime Playback" to "Playback on DV Hardware and Desktop" now your "Audio Playback will no longer be greyed out. I have "Play Audio on DV Hardware" selected and it plays back on the computer unless you have a 1394 device attached.

Good luck--nope this helps
D***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-21 11:28:50 UTC
Edited because I had replied then realised that I had misread things.

I can't seem to delete my post but it was rubbish so please ignore this.
P***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-21 16:01:04 UTC
Is your DV Camera on and linked via firewire to your computer? I have found that after a capture, after the capture window is closed and the audio is conformed, I cannot hear my audio during playback. I could hear the audio scrub on the timeline, but not during playback. When I disconnect the camera or turn it off, all was fine.
:P
A***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-22 03:04:10 UTC
Bill,

Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, it did not work.

Pericles,

I don't have any devices attached. In fact, my firewire port is disabled altogether. I noticed yesterday I had a Sony headset connected via USB, but found no audio coming from that either. I pulled it out, reset the PC, and nothing changed.
James
2006-12-01 03:24:55 UTC
Hey great that this thread is here..
Using PP2.0 with on-board sound card and YUP no audio.
any suggestion?
James
Post by A***@adobeforums.com
Bill,
Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately, it did not work.
<http://photos.imageevent.com/slo007/miscellaneous/miscphotos/large/pp%20pic
3.jpg>

A***@adobeforums.com
2005-11-22 03:07:12 UTC
FOUND IT!!!!

I disabled my onboard sound card in the Control Panel, which I had 'on' for some random reason. Turns out PP was pushing sound to that. When PP switched to the M-Audio sound card, it worked!!!

:-)

Thanks all for your suggestions! Note to others having similar problems, if you have onboard sound (on the motherboard) and a sound card, make sure to turn onboard OFF!

Regards!

Andre