Imported movie plays in preview but not when I view the entire sequence
m***@gmail.com
2006-11-24 22:21:29 UTC
Hello all,

When I import my movie into Adobe Promiere Pro. It plays fine in the
preview and looks great. However, when I try to play the entire
sequence, the screen is just black and there is no sound. In the
preview screen, both sound and video are great, so I know Adobe can
read the file.

The file is a digital video from a hard-drive video camera. I have
tried with a long clicp and also a short one.

Computer is a dual core , 2 gigs of ram with 100 gig hard drive.

Thanks again!
mjavor
2006-11-26 06:40:29 UTC
Hey guys,

Here is a link to the video. You can see it in the preview, but not
when you play the sequence.

http://download.yousendit.com/E73FB9DE01A1A170

Can someone please tell me if they get the same thing?

Thanks so much!
Thanks again!
The Film Smith
2006-12-29 20:30:29 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
It plays fine in the
preview and looks great. However, when I try to play the entire
sequence, the screen is just black and there is no sound. In the
preview screen, both sound and video are great, so I know Adobe can
read the file.
Are you using Dual Monitors? (as in, two computer screens?) You
probably have your Premiere SOURCE MONITOR (or preview monitor) on your
main computer screen along with your TIMELINE and other such stuff.
Your computer graphics card probably gives priority to your
main computer screen. Next:> You probably have your Premiere PROGRAM
MONITOR (or timeline monitor, or main monitor) on a second computer
screen. Your computer graphics card probably gives less priority to
this second computer screen.

Okay, what all that means is: IF this is your scenario, your computer
graphics card will typically have a problem properly displaying video
on your second computer screen. Try moving your PROGRAM MONITOR over to
your main computer screen to see if it still will not display properly.
Post by m***@gmail.com
Make sure you are running Windows XP with latest service pack.
Consider upgrading to Windows XP Professional.
Make sure you have the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer.
If it still does not work, upgrade your graphics card and/or upgrade to a computer/motherboard with dual graphics card slots and run two graphics cards, one for each screen.
Hopefully this helps. :)
If this is totally not your scenario, just post us some more details
and we'll try to figure it out.

Have fun!
Tim Porter

For