Very simple edit question
Mike_in_SD
2007-01-05 21:35:50 UTC
I just started using Premiere and its freaking me out not being able
to do this .. or not knowing how.

If I have a source clip that is say .. 1 min in length .. and I want to
use from 10secs in to 20secs in .... AND .... I want to use
40 secs in to 50 secs in.

meaning I want to use two parts of the clip

Its like I need more than one in and one out.

In Studio8 it was easy .. you just split the clip .. but I cant figure
out to split a clip in Premiere

hope you understand what I meant

thanks
Mike
Darrell G
2007-01-07 20:22:08 UTC
Post by Mike_in_SD
In Studio8 it was easy .. you just split the clip .. but I cant figure
out to split a clip in Premiere
On the left hand side of the timeline is a razor blade button. That is
the tool you use to split the clip on the timeline.
b***@aol.com
2007-02-15 15:01:04 UTC
The keyboard shortcut for this if your using a PC is Ctrl K. Just put
the timeline indicator where you want to make the cut and press Ctrl K
and it will split the clip.

Mike B.