Zoom on a high def photo
Bobzy
2007-02-05 19:39:22 UTC
I hope there is an easy solution to this.

I have photos in high resolution (3096 x 4212) and want to import
these into Premiere. That works fine but then I want to zoom in and
only view a certain section and perhaps pan across the photo. That
also goes well except the resolution goes bad. I would have hoped that
Premiere would be able to handle a larger resolution and not lowering
the resolution before starting the zoom.

btw. I am using Premiere 6.0 but I hope you accept this question here
anyway. :-)
Darrell G
2007-02-06 01:32:08 UTC
Post by Bobzy
I hope there is an easy solution to this.
I have photos in high resolution (3096 x 4212) and want to import
these into Premiere. That works fine but then I want to zoom in and
only view a certain section and perhaps pan across the photo. That
also goes well except the resolution goes bad. I would have hoped that
Premiere would be able to handle a larger resolution and not lowering
the resolution before starting the zoom.
btw. I am using Premiere 6.0 but I hope you accept this question here
anyway. :-)
Panning across the photo is called the Ken Burns Effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Burns_Effect

I don't know how to do it in Premiere, but Microsoft has a freebie
called Photo Story that makes it very simple.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

There's also a program called Pro Show that does it pretty well.
http://www.photodex.com/