Export error when I change the speed/duration of a clip.
Eric
2007-06-21 19:59:48 UTC
I imported some numbered tga's into Premiere Pro 2.0. If I export the
move without changing the speed/duration of the clip it works fine.
However if I change the speed/duration then I get Export Error, Error
compiling movie. Unkown error. How do I get around this?
natem
2007-06-26 15:27:10 UTC
Post by Eric
I imported some numbered tga's into Premiere Pro 2.0. If I export the
move without changing the speed/duration of the clip it works fine.
However if I change the speed/duration then I get Export Error, Error
compiling movie. Unkown error. How do I get around this?
What are the dimensions of the TGAs? How many are there? If they're
larger than twice the DV frame size, resize them to something more
appropriate for video work. Premiere can have problems with large
still images.

OR, export as DV-AVI (File > Export > Movie) and then use the Speed/
Duration command on the AVI.
Eric
2007-06-27 13:08:15 UTC
Post by natem
Post by Eric
I imported some numbered tga's into Premiere Pro 2.0. If I export the
move without changing the speed/duration of the clip it works fine.
However if I change the speed/duration then I get Export Error, Error
compiling movie. Unkown error. How do I get around this?
What are the dimensions of the TGAs? How many are there? If they're
larger than twice the DV frame size, resize them to something more
appropriate for video work. Premiere can have problems with large
still images.
OR, export as DV-AVI (File > Export > Movie) and then use the Speed/
Duration command on the AVI.
They are 30 tga's with a size of 128x128. I don't think the last
option will work for what I am doing.
natem
2007-06-28 15:03:44 UTC
Post by Eric
Post by natem
Post by Eric
I imported some numbered tga's into Premiere Pro 2.0. If I export the
move without changing the speed/duration of the clip it works fine.
However if I change the speed/duration then I get Export Error, Error
compiling movie. Unkown error. How do I get around this?
What are the dimensions of the TGAs? How many are there? If they're
larger than twice the DV frame size, resize them to something more
appropriate for video work. Premiere can have problems with large
still images.
OR, export as DV-AVI (File > Export > Movie) and then use the Speed/
Duration command on the AVI.
They are 30 tga's with a size of 128x128. I don't think the last
option will work for what I am doing.
Your could try setting up the targa sequence in a new project then. A
lot of encoding issues are project specific, rather than the fault of
the application.
Eric
2007-06-28 15:15:59 UTC
Post by natem
Your could try setting up the targa sequence in a new project then. A
lot of encoding issues are project specific, rather than the fault of
the application.
This is the first think I do to a new project, so I know it is not
project specific.
natem
2007-06-29 15:19:56 UTC
Post by Eric
Post by natem
Your could try setting up the targa sequence in a new project then. A
lot of encoding issues are project specific, rather than the fault of
the application.
This is the first think I do to a new project, so I know it is not
project specific.
Which project preset are you starting with? Other than the speed/
duration, is there any other effects you're applying to the images? If
you're positive it's not project specific, and converting the sequence
to DV-AVI isn't an option (and I can't think of why this wouldn't be
an option), that really narrows down what is possible. You don't fix
"unknown errors", you work around them, end of story.

Convert the targas to another format like PSD or TIF and try again?

Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting Adobe Technical Support.
Eric
2007-07-10 17:33:56 UTC
Post by natem
Which project preset are you starting with? Other than the speed/
duration, is there any other effects you're applying to the images? If
you're positive it's not project specific, and converting the sequence
to DV-AVI isn't an option (and I can't think of why this wouldn't be
an option), that really narrows down what is possible. You don't fix
"unknown errors", you work around them, end of story.
Convert the targas to another format like PSD or TIF and try again?
Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting Adobe Technical Support.
I changed the fps to 30 I really need 8, but you cannot change it to
that? I am not doing anything other than changing the speed. When I
convert it to DV-AVI it changes the resolution which I don't want.
Eric
2007-07-10 18:24:45 UTC
Post by Eric
Post by natem
Which project preset are you starting with? Other than the speed/
duration, is there any other effects you're applying to the images? If
you're positive it's not project specific, and converting the sequence
to DV-AVI isn't an option (and I can't think of why this wouldn't be
an option), that really narrows down what is possible. You don't fix
"unknown errors", you work around them, end of story.
Convert the targas to another format like PSD or TIF and try again?
Otherwise, I'd suggest contacting Adobe Technical Support.
I changed the fps to 30 I really need 8, but you cannot change it to
that? I am not doing anything other than changing the speed. When I
convert it to DV-AVI it changes the resolution which I don't want.
I also need to keep the alpha channel which I don't believe DV-AVI
does.